What is the Tricolour Express?
The Tricolour Express is our bus service that operates September through April of the current calendar year, offering travel to and from Toronto (including Scarborough), Ottawa (including Kanata), and Montreal. During peak travel times such as the Thanksgiving weekend, Fall Reading Days, and the Winter Reading Week, the Tricolour express offers Specialty Buses which travel to London/Kitchener, Hamilton/Burlington, and Oakville/Mississauga. The Airport Shuttle stops at Yorkdale (Go Centre, not Shopping Mall), and continue to Pearson Airport Terminal 1 and 3.
Who can ride the TC Express?
The TC Express is a service that is solely available to Queen’s students. Those wishing to use our services must present their Queen’s Student ID when purchasing a ticket.
What must I have to board my bus?
Travellers must present their Queen’s Student ID, as well as their confirmation email which contains their reservation number.
What luggage can I bring?
Each passenger is permitted to bring (1) bag (weighing up to 50 pounds) to be stowed under the bus. Carry-on bags may be stored under the seat in front of you or in the overhead storage area. Should you like to bring another large piece of luggage, another seat on the bus must be purchased. No animals allowed, with the exception of service animals.
I did not receive my confirmation e-mail, now what?
In the event that you did not receive your Queen’s email, check your “clutter” or junk folder to ensure the email has not been misplaced in your account. If you are still experiencing trouble, it is your responsibility to return to Tricolour Outlet, a minimum of 24 hours before your departure time, so that we can ensure all your information is correct and an email is sent. If you are off-campus or Tricolour Outlet is closed, you can email your concerns to our Travel Manager, Kate Hunter, and she will get back to you upon her earliest convenience.
Where are the stop locations?
When travelling from campus, the TC Express picks up from 3 locations:
- John Royce Hall (West Campus)
- Victoria Hall (Albert Street side)
- JDUC (Union Street Entrance)
When travelling from off-campus, the TC Express picks up from the following:
- TORONTO - 255 Front Street W, Toronto (Metro Toronto Convention Centre)
- SCARBOROUGH - 300 Borough Dr. (Scarborough Town Centre) Platform #5 Megabus
- KANATA - 150 Katimavik Rd, Kanata, ON (Old - OC Transpo Bus Stop)
- OTTAWA - 265 Catherine St., Ottawa, ON (Greyhound Bus Terminal) P/U on street in front of the Terminal
- MONTREAL - 997 St-Antoine Ouest/West, (Metro Bonaventure) Megabus
- AIRPORT SHUTTLE DROP OFF - Term 1 Departures Drop-Off and Term 3 Departures Drop-Off
- AIRPORT SHUTTLE PICK UP - Terminal 1–Post 5 (Ground Level), Terminal 3-Post C8
- YORKDALE - Go Bus Terminal – 1 Yorkdale Rd (Lower level) Platforms - Unload # 2 Pick-Up # 13
- LONDON - 420 Wellington St. London, ON (City Bus Stop) corner of Wellington St./Dundas St.
- KITCHENER - 15 Charles St. West, Kitchener, ON
- HAMILTON - 36 Hunter St. East, Hamilton, ON
- BURLINGTON - 1199 Waterdown Rd, Burlington, ON – Aldershot GO Station
- MISSISSAUGA - Square One, Go Bus Terminal on Station Gate Road Between Centre View Dr. / Rathburn Rd West next to the Playdium
- OAKVILLE - 214 Cross Avenue, Oakville, ON – Oakville GO Station
What if I have more questions?
Please check our updated bus policy linked under the TC Express tab on our website. Once you have reviewed our policy, feel free to contact our Travel Manager, Kate Hunter, with any remaining questions and concerns.